Saturday, January 21, 2006

We Want Your Ad Space

The next deluge of emails after the link swapping morons are those greedy little make believe media companies that want my ad space.

Must get 10-20 of these a week and they all want to sell my link space.

Let's examine the potential here as they claim they'll only take 25% or 50% to "sell my space" depending on which bullshit artist company sends the email.

If they really looked at my site they would notice I also sell ads direct and take 100% of the revenue plus some AdSense which is about 60%.

So do they really think they can compete with my direct sales plus Google AdSense?

Both pay many thousands a month already and both are pretty reliable as far as getting paid, especially my direct ad sales, so what's in it for me?

On the rare occassion that I've had these types on the phone I ask two questions:

  1. Do you have significant ads in my industry or 100% targetting to my topic?
  2. Can you guarantee that you can replace my ad income at my current levels with your advertisers?
So far the answer has always been NO on both counts so why do they persist?

Idiots.

No comments: