Wednesday, June 07, 2006

REJECT SPAM, DO NOT BOUNCE!

I've been setting my email pref's on all my servers to REJECT unknown addresses instead of BOUNCE which opens your server up to all sorts of spam problems as your email queue fills up with undeliverable garbage and your server starts to choke.

Thought I was pretty clean but I imported some domains from another server and suddently started seeing 150+ emails piled up ever day. They were all failure notices just sitting there chewing up my box trying to deliver all day long.

Got sick of that shit last weekend and did a complete email audit and now ALL DOMAINS are set to REJECT unknown addresses.

Guess how many outbound emails are pending now?

ZERO!

Been zero since I did it and holding strong so spammers using randomname@mydomain.com are no longer bothering me whatsoever.

Just a reminder, check your email accounts and make sure you're locked up tight!

No comments: