Something I've been noticing the last few days is my AdSense ad units seem to either be low on inventory or slow as they are inserting a lot more PSAs than usual.
When I noticed this I reloaded the page a few times to see what was going on and it's hard for me to fathom that reloading a page with 3 ad units suddenly has 2, then 3, then 1, then 2, then none, then 3 and so on and so forth.
Would either indicate there is a lack of ads available or perhaps AdSense just can't connect to the ad server fast enough and they drop a PSA when it panics during a time delay.
Brings up many questions:
- Could AdWords be running low on inventory?
- Are advertisers just broke after Xmas?
- Perhaps a new experiment in showing less ads for more revenue?
- Maybe the network is just overloaded?
- Could YPN be stealing that many advertisers?