Saturday, June 24, 2006

SCRAPER BUSTED #1 - Vipse Corporation using InetURL

Well, perhaps it's not cool to out people but it's also not cool to try to steal my shit, scramble my stuff with other people's stuff so it looks like it's a paragraph written by a drunken monkey, slap AdSense on it and THEN have the balls to attribute that gibberish source as being my domain name.

So fuck it, here we go...

Mind you the only real data they have was before I put the bot blocker online so as they are either expanding or updating, the bot blocker is replacing what they have with my errors.

It actually took me a while to bust this scraper because his code kept chopping up the data I was feeding them so it took a while to find a page with the scrapers IP but finally I was able locate who they were and review their activity in my scraoer archive.

This scraper's IP shows scraping from Italy:

213.203.184.30 "InetURL/1.0"
The scrapings from that IP address ended up on loghinuovi.net, 9-shopping.us, and some other places as this appears to be a full blown scrape and spam operation.

According to whois, this is our scraper:
Vipse Corporation
Ryan's Place
High Street
St Johns, Antigua WI PO Box 744
AG
A little bit of research shows this scraper has a ton of crap sites:

They are mostly NonSense™ sites (that's what I call gibberish AdSense sites) like cellulari.us, loghi.us, loghi-suonerie.us, suonerie.us, suonerie-loghi.us, and anzwers.us for a short list, some may not even work anymore but they have buried landing pages with black on black text and all sorts of NonSense.

After hunting around it appears the root AdSense account, according to "advertise on this site" from cellulari.us is all tied to www.categorico.com.

Doing a little more research, a whois on cartegorico.com shows this owner:
whois categorico.com

Noago Srl
Via Vittorio Veneto 25
Borgomanero, Italy Novara 28021
IT
Which explains the original scraping IP from Italy.

TA DA!

You can scrape me but you cannot hide.

Update...

The following aroma from Roma dropped in and translated this page:
Referring Link http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-23,GGLG:en&q=noago srl
Host Name host229-2.pool8250.interbusiness.it
IP Address 82.50.2.229
Country Italy
Region Piemonte
City Novara
Coincidence?

I think not...

No comments: