People ask me every now and then how to tell when their website has finally hit the big time.
In response, I compiled a Top Ten list of things that come to mind based on my own experience.
Top Ten Signs Your Site Has Made it Big
- Your site traffic is higher than you could ever imagine and you pinch yourself daily to make sure you're not dreaming.
- Email fills your Inbox non-stop all day long with no prayer of it all ever being answered.
- Other webmasters constantly pester you to swap links with their site and you already have so many quality back links you can say "No Thanks!" without even checking their site.
- People from around the country (world) start calling your phone number that don't comprehend the terms "9-5 PST".
- You don't go searching new business opportunities, they seek you out.
- People ask your advice for all sorts of business related topics that previously wouldn't have asked you for the time of day.
- Media marketing companies call you to get their ad network on your site and you can easily decline all those offers because they simply don't pay enough for your space.
- Everyone wants their products to be displayed on your site and you can actually negotiate a better payout than the rest of their affiliates.
- Hiring employees or contractors to run your website and help with your business issues is suddenly a possibility.
- And the top sign your site has made it big:
You start cashing really big fat checks on a regular basis.