Monday, May 29, 2006

Anonymous Proxies Out Cheap Hosts

Now that I've figured out how to accurately detect and block most CGI and PHP proxy servers I'm just sitting here going down the list trying them all and they're leaving my presents.

Yes, they're giving me.... PRESENTS!

What kind of presents you might ask?

Well, how about a list of cheap web hosts that these sites use, also used by scrapers, so I'm picking up a ton of valuable intelligence on these operation in very little time and will be massively expanding the list of blocked hosts to monitor those locations moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to give a hint on how you can detect them?

This is where most of the scammers and con artists that abuse my sites come from and I'd love to be able to programmatically detect and block them.

-jay